A travelling feast of miniature art works from a collective of Central Victorian Artists
Small art works, curated and presented to a high standard, will ‘pop up’ at different destinations along the historical railway line from Melbourne to Bendigo. This group show is taking art to the people, allowing broad public interaction with local art and arts practice.
A group show with a BIGGER purpose
Artists will be selected according to curatorial policy, developed via community consultation, with the aim of building a professional arts marketing cooperative. This model allows local artists to leverage individual effort into collective group initiatives, sharing resources for exhibition, presentation, marketing, communications, and distribution of their work.
Taking art to community
Presented in a purpose-built modular mobile facility, art works will be exhibited in three regional transport hubs: Riddles Creek, Castlemaine & Bendigo V/Line Stations.
Talented visual artists are based all over Central Victoria. Many artists would like opportunities to sell more work and grow their arts business practice. This project was developed in recognition that these artists are great contributors to this region, but can be overlooked when it comes to investment in arts, tourism and business development.
This project provides an opportunity for:
- artists to engage with new audiences and markets in the region and beyond, and
- the broader community to discover and engage with local art.
Tour dates and locations
Riddells Creek Station Friday 8th November to Sunday 19th November
Castlemaine Station Tuesday 21st November to Thursday 29th November
Bendigo Station Saturday 1st December to Monday 10th December
- Application Form and Participation Guidelines can be found at https://www.popupart.com.au/artist-eoi/
- Registrations close: Friday 21st September [ midnight ]
- Art must be received by: Friday 26th October [ 9am ]
- Participation fee [ up to 3 pieces ]: $10
Our aim is to link artists to art sales:
- Artworks can be priced and sold.
- Artists are encouraged to provide their website links, for greater overall exposure
Applications are now closed. Find out the latest here.
For participating artists, click through to exhibition guidelines and more information